Monday, April 10, 2017

G.I. Joe/ Army Party!

This was E's friend party year and the whole family has been working hard to pull off a super cool G.I. Joe/ Army party for him.  He has really been into G.I Joe's since this past fall so picking a party theme was easy.  It was a lot of work (esp for mama) but everything turned out great, fun was had by all, and E was totally blessed!  This made it all worthwhile!  


The night before the party I told E he could open 1 gift. I had bought him a couple G.I. Joe sets and was hoping to snag one of the toy guns to use on the cake, but alas I grabbed the wrong box and he opened another gift I had wrapped for him. Oooops! So much for that!


"Sergeant Prickly" 
(E loves hedgehogs and had to have his Hedgies join in somehow!)


I set up an "Enlistment Office" where each kid had to "join the army" before starting any party fun.  This including receiving a dog tag with their military rank, a bag of goodies, camo face paint and their official army photo taken. 





Official Army Potty! πŸ˜‰


I checked my boys in first just to get it out of the 
way before the guests started to arrive. They thought it was so fun!  


Then I took some time photographing the cakes and decor before everyone arrived.


G.I. Joe Tank Cake

I haven't baked and decorated a cake in years!  I usually just order a cake from a bakery because it saves me time and stress.  However, no one in town wanted to make the cake E wanted.  I found one bakery that was willing to but wanted $40 to make it!  There was NO WAY I was going to pay that when I knew I could make it myself for half that price!  So, I rolled up my sleeves, summoned some courage and just did it!  It didn't turn out perfect by any means, but E loved it and it ended up being more special because it was made with love by his mama. πŸ’— 


Side View
Now you know why I wanted the guns. 
The guy poking out of the tank has nothing in his hands!


Camo cupcakes. I made these too!  That is Sergeant Bazooka up on top.  By the way, I highly recommend this 3-tier tray.  It looks awesome with any theme and breaks down easily for easy storage.  I bought this one from Lakeside Collection, here.


Closer Look
(Both cake and cupcakes were a double chocolate fudge with buttercream frosting)




Was SO HARD to frost in a camo design! 
 Looks more like mud so you'll have to use your imagination!


The Napkins


The "Mess Hall" sign was painted and stenciled by me. I found fabric from the thrift shop for the tablecloths, ammo box, bullet shells, and military canteen are my husbands, mesh camo net I bought from Amazon.




The Pinata
I also used this as a table decoration until we actually used it.  Found this guy and a lot of the other army party goods at Zurcher's online. 


Snacks in the dining room.


Watching "Earnest in the Army" waiting for party to start.  
I realized later this is the ONLY picture I got of all 5 of  our kids together!  


Sign to greet guests. 


Aren't they adorable?  My daughter sewed their Garrison Caps by the way.  She has been learning about WW2 this year and sewing these was part of her homework.  I loved how they turned out!  Was a great touch to their outfits for the party.


Prepare For Battle, Soldiers!



Enlistment Time!


The Goody Bags


You're in the army now!


Real American Heroes!


Boot Camp





Water Grenades


Just like the sign says....Weapons Training!





Victory!



Weapons training continues out in the big field behind our house with a Nerf gun war!
"Watch out, Dad!"


Preparing for battle!


My husband made these awesome forts and I spray painted them.  The kids loved them!


Special battle shield also made by dad.


Prepared to fight!



Ready to take someone out!


Going for the sneak attack!


It's on!



No mercy for the birthday boy!


This is one soldier who won't leave the battle scene in one piece! 😜


Going over the rules.


Whack!  


Where do I aim?


Grandpa fearlessly protects! πŸ˜‚ Haha!


Haha!



I just love how the kids RUSH for candy before the hitter is hitting!  Haha!


Time for cake!



Make a Wish!


Snack Time!


It was a great party!  Happy 9th Birthday, E!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...